There are 2 routes down to the Sonnalpin, you can either take the Bavarian Glacier cable car or you can climb down via the schneefernerhaus. The tour continues over the Zugspitz plateau to the Knorr Hut, then via the Plattensteig to the gatterl. From there you hike over the feldernjöchl to the brandjoch, past the Hochfeldernalm and the Pestkspelle and down to the mountain station of the Ehrwalder Alm cable car. From there you can take the Ehrwalder Alm cable car back down the valley if you wish as the tour to that point takes approx. 5 hours.
The tour can also be undertaken in reverse, starting in the Ehrwalder Alm and finishing at the Tiroler Zugspitz cable car.
Which includes the following:
- 1x Ride up with the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn
- 1x Entry to the „Faszination Zugspitze“ interactive museum
- 1x Ride down to the Glacier with the Bavarian Glacier cable car
- Independant hike across the „Gatterl“ to the mountain station of the Ehrwalder Alm cable car (approx. 5 hours)
- 1x Ride back to Ehrwald with the Ehrwalder Alm cable car
- 1x Bus ride back to the valley station of the Tiroler Zugspitzbahn. Timetable can be found here!
- 1x Entry to the "BAHNORAMA anno 1926" at the valley station
Please note the operating times of the individual cable cars!
This is a high mountain terrain tour and is recommended only for experienced climbers. You must be sure footed, have a good head for heights and be physically fit, good climbing equipment is also essential.
Difficulty gradings and walking times are for guidance only. For details of all these tours please check relevant maps and mountain guides.